Kelby Carr, known as TypeAMom on Twitter, is the owner and founder of a series of websites where mothers (ok, men too) can become web writers with relative ease – learning the ropes of freelance writing for websites, while earning money at the same time. Some of the writers contribute because they enjoy the topic they are contributing to, while others do it more for the money or platform, but most writers tend to contribute there for a mixture of both.
What Sites Are in the TypeAMom Collection?
TypeAMom runs the main Type-A-Mom website, as well as a handful of sister sites that cover several different topic areas. Here is a break-down of the various websites and their focus:
- Type-A-Mom is dedicated mothers in many different stages of life, and with many different interests. Editors post weekly on topics ranging from “Suburban Moms” to “Preschoolers”.
- PictureMyCamera is a newer site dedicated to photography with regular photo contests, learning articles and a gallery where users can display their favorite pictures.
- FoodieMama is, as the name implies, all about food, cooking, recipes and keeping food budgets under control.
- Investigative Mommy Bloggers is brand new and gives moms the opportunity to participate in real, investigative journalism in collaborative efforts with other moms around the country. While revenue sharing is still being worked out, anyone interested in possibly contributing in the future should sign in the ning site.
- Dadosphere is the site dedicated to fathers at every stage of life. Dad Editors are being hired on right now so feel free to apply.
How Does TypeAMom Pay Writers?
Writers who contribute to the Type-A-Mom websites share page impressions, and thus ad clicks, with the website itself on a 50/50 basis. Each writer enters their Google Adsense information and the ad click revenues come directly to their account. Writers are also allowed to use approved affiliate linking within their articles and product reviews so articles earn money through affiliate purchases as well.
How Do TypeAMom Websites Work Rights for Articles?
All rights to the material submitted to TypeAMom and sister sites belong to the author at all times. This means writers never loose the rights to their work and can create ebooks, personal blog posts or submit articles to print magazines, while still keeping the articles up on TypeAMom.
With a new ebook program in formation for TypeAMom.net and FoodieMama.com websites, editors and regular writers at these sites will have the ability to earn an additional stream of income through the marketing of ebooks right on these websites. You all already know I feel that ebooks can be a great source of passive income – now TypeAMom is getting on board, making it more profitable than ever for their writers.